Y’all, my husband had a birthday yesterday. He is 24 years young, and looking quite handsome, if I don’t say so myself. We have been married almost 7 months, and as of Thursday are homeowners. Yep, I bought Marshall a house for his birthday (I know, coolest wife EVER). It’s only fair, he bought me an iMac AND an iPhone AND married me last year, it was the only way I could measure up. Can’t wait to see what our anniversary brings (I’ve got my fingers crossed for a mountain house, but we’ll see).
I love this guy so much. Marriage is just as hard as everyone says it is, and so is being an adult, but I thank my lucky stars (and their Creator) that Marshall is the one I’m doing all this with. He knows me better than anyone else and does such a great job of loving me. He is so patient with my bazillion questions, indecisiveness, occasional meltdowns, (not-so) occasional laziness, laundry habits (or lack thereof) and just loves me. Not a day goes by that I am not grateful for this kid and the years we have had together already and the years that are to come. Here are some fun things that I love about the Birthday Boy:
- He makes excellent pancakes. And quesadillas. And other delicious things.
- He loves Jesus like it is no big deal. Such a normal part of who he is.
- He inspires me. When I get stuck in lesson planning or have hit creative block, I can talk it out with Marshall and leave with a bazillion ideas. Most of which are excellent ones.
- He has a big TV and movie collection…which he brought into our marriage.
- He discovered Aldi.
- He makes me laugh all the time. Seriously, all the time.
- He has the funniest silent laugh ever… he doesn’t make a noise but he is smiling and shaking and it’s. so. funny.
- His shower gel smells nice and makes our whole bathroom smell nice.
- On Saturdays he gets up to let Luna out so I can sleep a little bit.
Okay this could go on and on for a while… it is so hard to believe that a year ago, we were weeks from going to New York and getting engaged. What a wonderful year this has been. Happy Birthday Mr. Snarfalarfin, I sure do love you.